Pages

Monday, May 20, 2013

The Lion and The Garden

A couple of months ago I woke up in the middle of the night with a mental image I couldn't shake and a string of words I couldn't forget. I found my phone on my nightstand and typed them quickly before I fell back asleep. God had given me a beautiful dream of who He is, and I consider it a true gift. This is what I found on my phone the next morning:
So, when we let him, he (the lion, that is) finds a place in the deserts of our dead hearts to lie down. At first he just gets comfortable and settled there. And then he paces around some and starts roaring softly, working up to a louder roar as he slowly speaks life and creation back into us. He turns hills of sand into grassy fields. He plants trees and flowers, one by one, in our hearts. And eventually, he returns our deserted hearts into that first Garden of Eden. That is how He redeems us.
Thank you Jesus for entering my dreams. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this is such beautiful imagery. Thank you for sharing this; it's so powerful I can't get it out of my head.

    ReplyDelete